
There aren't really words to describe what I'm feeling today.
Jake leaves for Afghanistan tonight. For 6 months.
While I support him 1000% a little piece of me aches.
I will miss hearing him sing "Yo-ho, Yo-Ho, a Pirates Life for Me" through the baby monitor as he rocks Zeke to sleep.
I will miss hearing his footsteps in the morning, as he helps the kids get breakfast and a cartoon going, so I can sleep a little bit longer.
I will miss the way he reaches for my hand and then kisses it without saying a word.
I will miss his smell, his echoing laugh, his bright smile.
I will still feel his love and hope that he will know that all day, every day I will be thinking-breathing-living with him in my heart.
He is the greatest gift I've ever had.
Babe, we will keep the home fire burning and the flag waving until you get home.
5 comments:
Wow! Hopefully the 6 months will go by fast for all of you. We will be praying for Jake's safety. I wish we were closer so we could help the time pass with distractions. Miss you guys!!
WE will keep you and your cute family in our prayers. Your Jake is the type of hero we are trying to teach our boys to be. Brave and courageous, a good daddy and husband...
We thank our lucky stars every day for men like your honey. Give him a kiss from us. And a kiss for yourself-- without a strong women to keep the homefire burning-- I doubt he'd be able to be such a great hero!
xoxoxo-
a grateful Jensen family
Angel, my heart is aching for you. While no one can begin to fill the hole in your empty heart, hopefully the love and prayers of your dear family and friends will help somehow.
The Walkers
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.
Thanks Jake - good luck!
You made me cry girl. It is so sweet how you describe your love for him. It made me think that little things my hubby does to feel his presences. I try to to get it for granted.
We all are proud of you and him. Cuidate amiga.
Post a Comment