Sunday, July 26, 2009

Some very nice strangers at Hill AFB sewed these pillows for our kids. The kids dubbed them their "Daddy Dolls" and they know exactly which doll is whose.



These dolls have made bedtime easier and lonely moments bearable. When I got Zeke out of his crib one morning this week, he reached back down in his crib for his doll, saying, "Dada, Dada!" and then tucked it under his arm all morning long.

The kids have taken "Daddy" to their playdate with cousins, a sleepover at Mamma's, and even the 24th of July fireworks at Grandma and Grandpa's.
Jake, you didn't realize all the fun things you did this week, huh?

While these dolls have eased the transition somewhat there is truly no substitute for Daddy.
Today Ellie stomped her foot and exclaimed, "I want the REAL Daddy, not the DOLL Daddy!"
Short of stomping my foot, I just had to agree, "Me too, Elle, me too."

2 comments:

Callaway Family Fun said...

Ahhhh! That is so cute & so sad at the same time! I've been thinking about you guys since I found out Jake was leaving...I'm glad you're surviving & that you're a much better single mom than I would be!

courtney said...

we should sew you up a doll of jake too, but for you i'd make it a life size one to cuddle in bed with.

hang in there, you're so so strong.

love u, court

The Murdocks

The Murdocks
Jake, Angel, Roxy, Ellie and Zeke