Here is some blogging backlog.
Happy Late Birthday, Miss Roxy
Roxy's birthday was actually February 12th. She turned 9 years old.
There are a million reasons we love Roxy, but here are nine for her ninth.
1. Roxy has a tender heart and never wants anyone to feel sad. When Ellie got got in trouble for lying Roxy tried to take the pressure off by saying, "Well...at least she's cute!" When I started laughing she said, "What?! I meant, at least she's not lying AND ugly!"
2. Roxy is a girly girl, always up for a good shopping trip and a pedicure. At age 2 she started stealing my makeup, and asking for "Lips, lips?" I'd find her in bed asleep, clutching a tube of lipgloss.
3. Roxy is determined and good at setting goals. She saved for six months to buy an American Girl doll. She spent hours pouring over the catalog and doing chores to earn her doll.
4. Roxy always wants to do what is right. She tries hard not to make mistakes and follow Christ. Even when she thinks she will get in trouble, she tells the truth. She was a little nervous, but she even bore her testimony at church.
5.Roxy loves everyone and is quick to express it. She frequently will make me and other family members little "I love you" cards or "Thanks for all you do for me" notes.
6. Roxy is mature beyond her years. She can understand things on a deeper level than most of her peers. I feel like I can have conversations with her like a friend. I just happened to be born before her. :)
7. Roxy is fun to be with. She makes jokes and loves to dance and sing in the car and around the house. She makes friends easily because she is happy and friendly.
8. Roxy is sooo helpful with Zeke and Eleanor. She will jump in and break up a toddler fight or grab a diaper for the baby. She has even been known to say, "No, that's okay, Mom, you sit down and relax; I'll do that." What child says that to their Mother??!!!
9. Roxy loves to cook and clean toilets. These are most definitely traits she did not acquire from me, but ones that I admire.
Happy 9th Birthday, Roxy!
2 comments:
She's getting so big! She's such a cute girl! Happy 9th Birthday!
We love you Roxy! You are all those thing and so much more. We are so thankful that you were brought to our family! Thanks for being the sweet, loving niece and cousin that you are!
Post a Comment