We are in Utah, but still homeless. Roxy, Z and I drove up last week and were followed a few days later by Jake and Ellie. We've hit a few snags, our home that we were supposed to move into on the 5th was not ready. We are scheduled to move in this Thursday. Meanwhile our patient families have let us crash with them.
While it's been so nice to visit all the fam, I really miss Albuquerque. I'm thinking about packing up and heading home. Soon Utah will feel like home, I'm sure.
Until then we have been enjoying almost daily Eleanor-isms.
Ellie loves animals, and is convinced that she is from the animal kingdom. Most days she is a kitty, but will venture out into the random snake or parrot.
My personal fave was when when she hung off Grandma's hammock pole upside-down and said, "I'm a 3-toed sloth."
Jake's favorite was when she told him, "Dad, dinosaurs are extinct."
Jake asked, "What does that mean? Extinct?"
She flippantly replied, "They're fake."
The other night she protested to going to sleep. As I tucked her in bed she said, "But Mommy, I'm a turtle".
I patted her on the head and replied, "Goodnight, little Turtle."
She was exasperated. "MOM! Turtles are NOCTURNAL!"
I couldn't believe that she knew that word... and knew how to use it to her advantage.
Zeke has been changing so much lately, I thought I'd write down what he is up to, so I don't forget. He walks everywhere now, climbs up (and almost down) stairs. He says "Mama" and "Dada", claps, signs "milk" and "more" and loves to eat. He is still the most pleasant baby, but all boy. I swear that he runs, not just walks, loves to headbutt his Daddy, and growls at Ellie when she makes him mad.
He gives the best grins with his six teeth.
The Murdocks
Jake, Angel, Roxy, Ellie and Zeke
4 comments:
The photos that yall had taken are so good...i cant believe how big the kids are getting...any rate i just wanted to say a quick hello and good luck in utah...take care...julie ragsdale :)
Hey Angel, it's Liz Roth from Albuquerque. I saw your blog while looking at Windy's...hope that's okay. I just wanted to tell you I LOVE your new family photos. They are AMAZING. Jenny mentioned you are moving near to her in Utah. I hope everything goes well with your move!
I hope all is going well in Utah! Have you found a great house yet??? Good luck with that- I am sure that you will find something great. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you photos-- I would love to know what type of color wash/setting she used on those! AMAZING!
That Eleanor is a piece of work! I'm laughing out loud reading about her! Hope you're in your house by now...moving is always such a treat!
Post a Comment