Friday, August 29, 2008

I've been blog awol this month. Moving has had me very preoccupied.I still haven't found the camera or desktop computer cords, but at least I have our laptop.


We are official Utahns again. We have been in our house 2 weeks now.
We are enjoying Utah. It still seems a little surreal; like we are on vacation and are going to go home anyday. I am slowly discovering Kaysville and it's surrounding communities. I'd forgotten how beautiful the mountains in summer can be.


The best part about moving to Utah has been seeing family all the time. Most of Jake's family is within 20 minutes of our home and my family is about an hour away. Roxy and Ellie have already had several cousin playdates and dates with Grandparents. Jake's family all came the day we moved in: his brothers mowed the lawn, his parents cleaned and moved things. JoAnne, my mom-in-law was a whirlwind....cleaned most the house and unpacked the entire kitchen.
I can't believe all the family support we've got.

Roxy started 3rd grade this week and loves the fact that she gets to ride the bus to school. She has already made friends in the neighborhood.


I started work this week at Intermountain Midwifery Service. I'll be delivering babies at the new IMC hospital in Murray. I think I am going to really enjoy my new job.

Jake has been enjoying his job at Hill AFB as a flight surgeon. He's with the 421st "Black Widows" F-16 fighter squadron. He feels fortunate because if he could pick any job in the Air Force it would be this one. I always say he is living out every little boy's dream....to get to be a doctor AND fly in fighter jets!!!

5 comments:

Holly Ogden said...

Hey Angel! That is so great that you get to be by family again. It sounds like you are settling right in and that life is good.

The Mortensen Clan said...

Angel I miss you!! It sounds like you guys are doing well. Email me when you have the time megmortensen@gmail. I would love to get you info.

lovell said...

I bet you are glad to be back. Utah is the best. Hope all is going well for you.:)

Brandi lovell (Banks)

Michelle said...

Okay, Angel, I am getting so OLD! This is Michelle Zenger .. remember me? You have a gorgeous family! It looks like things are going wonderful for you! (I got your blog address from Chery Winget) If you would like to send me an email address I will send you an invite to ours -we had to go private-. My email address is theshermans6@gmail.com. I would love to hear from you!

Meagan Reitz said...

I'm glad you're settling in there in UT. I didn't know you were moving to Kaysville. It must be a great place because both Aaron I agreed that on our missions the hardest working missionaries were always from Kaysville! I miss seeing you and your beautiful family around ABQ. Okay, more specifically the halls of church and flying star! :)

The Murdocks

The Murdocks
Jake, Angel, Roxy, Ellie and Zeke