Sunday, June 15, 2008

This man has many titles....

Major Jake Murdock, M.D. Air Force Flight Surgeon (a menacing one, I might add)

World Traveller

Avid Fisherman

Hot Man (winning over the ladies)

Jake wears many titles, but none of them so admirably as his title of "Daddy".

I am so grateful that Jake is the father figure in our home. His 3 kids worship him. Zeke bounces up and down and then speed-crawls to Jake the minute he walks in the door. Ellie told me yesterday, "Daddy is my favorite". Roxy cries for Jake when she gets hurt or feels sick.
Jake plays with the kids every day when he gets home from work. This is usually lifting the girls up in the air in a balancing act they call "Ta-Da!" They play "King of Bunker Hill" and "Throw Me on the Bed" (self-explanatory). He has special Dad activities with the girls. Keva-juice, the merry-go-round at the mall, and Chik-fil-A are some kid faves.
Jake always has such insight into what the kids need: a tickle, a snack, a friend. His positive, laid-back attitude keeps us all calm. He steps in, helping with the kids without being asked. He comes home from the grocery store with kid movies, just because. Jake never complains when I go to book club or girls' night. He calls in antibiotics when the kids are sick. He hauls all 3 kids in the car and takes them away for an hour or two when I have a migraine. I could go on for hours.....

I don't know who is more in love with Jake. Me- or the kids!?
Either way, we know we are the luckiest family in the world to have Jake as our Man!










HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, JAKE!

1 comment:

Jeremiah Nielson said...

i can't tell you how happy it makes all of us to see you happy with jake. i'm so glad you two found each other, you're both great for eachother. love u both, court
ps-i'm going to mail your brushes & roxy's swim suit to you, sorry i haven't done it yet, our car's in the shop, so we've been home bound :)

The Murdocks

The Murdocks
Jake, Angel, Roxy, Ellie and Zeke