Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to Me, the Luckiest Mom Around


I love the funny things kids say and do.
I tried to have deep conversations with Roxy and Ellie about what made them happy and what they wanted out of life.
Here is what ensued:
Me: Ellie, What do you think you want to do or be when you grow up?
Ellie: I dunno.
Me: A chef or an artist?
Ellie: (crinkling up her face) Nah.
Me: Maybe a doctor or a nurse?
Ellie: shakes her head no.
Me: What about a scientist?
Ellie: No.
Me: Well, what do you want to be?
Ellie: (tapping her finger on her lip for a few seconds, then cocks her head to one side as her face lights up)
I know!!!
Me: What?
Ellie: The Oldest!!!

Spoken like a true middle child.

Another day I was trying to see into Roxy's soul- asking her random questions, and I definitely got some random answers. This one made me laugh so hard.
Me: So, Roxy, tell me, what is your absolute favorite thing about right now?
(I'm thinking she'll tell me about friends, or her siblings, or getting baptized)

She responds promptly:
Ramen noodles.

And I guess it's true. She asks for them all the time. Deep, huh?

3 comments:

Hotzebra said...

That is HILARIOUS! It's Lexie's fav too! Same brand same kind! HA

Callaway Family Fun said...

ha! ha! ha! kids are soooo funny!

brianna saban said...

leave it to the kid who's mom is a vegetarian to heart the ramen!!!

my kids would've said bacon.


:)


~bri

The Murdocks

The Murdocks
Jake, Angel, Roxy, Ellie and Zeke