Friday, March 21, 2008

What a Day

So, Zeke has RSV. He got pretty "punky" (a not-so-medical, medical term) last night. I took him in to the E.R. at 3:30 a.m. They gave him a breathing treatment, watched his oxygen saturation levels (which were okay, unless he was sleeping) and then let us go home. I got 3 hours of sleep, but then a 2 hour nap today (thanks, Jake) Hopefully he will not get worse. We really don't want a repeat of Ellie's RSV 3-day stay in the hospital. She was 10 months old but about the same size as Zeke is now.


Zeke is such a sweetheart. He was still making friends with the nurses and techs, holding their hands and smiling.

I must say BabyLegs are the greatest invention. JoAnne (my wonderful mom-in-law) brought some down to Zeke a few weeks ago. They've been so useful on his legs, now that he is learning to crawl. I just ordered some more because I love them so much. Last night we used them to keep the oxygen saturation monitor on his leg and today on his arms so we could keep monitoring his chest for breathing concerns. Zeke

Eleanor begged me to draw and cut out doggies....Toby and Peta, our babysitter Becky's dogs. I am so not an artist, as you can see. But, she had fun making them dance to Go, Diego, Go music and chase each other.

Poor, cute Roxy got braces today. She has been soooo excited for a long time to get braces. Now, 5 hours later she is not so glad. She keeps whining about how much it hurts and how they are making her teeth loose. Being the nice mom that I am (after giving Tylenol, Motrin and offering soft foods) told her to "get over it. I had my braces tightened 48 times when I was young". Maybe it was the lack of sleep talking...

4 comments:

Holly Ogden said...

I hope Zeke is feeling better soon. That is so rough! Tell Roxy to hang in there with the braces. As I often tell Grace, sometimes we have to suffer for beauty!

me said...

I hope that Zeke if feeling better soon and that you get some sleep.

Ernie said...

Poor Zeke! I feel for you, as you know we had a 3 week stay with RSV @ PCMC with Ollie, 2 of that in ICU! He still looks great though, I want to just sqeeze him. I am happy to say that I introduced Baby legs to the Murdock clan, Ollie has 3 pairs! I love them. Hang in there Rox. You look beautiful as always!

Windy said...

Hope Zeke gets better soon!

The Murdocks

The Murdocks
Jake, Angel, Roxy, Ellie and Zeke