So these days- okay, these weeks, these years- I feel like I can't quite keep up. Always chasing my tail like a dog. There are a million things I'd love to do, one of them blogging regularly. But, like the never-ending pile of paper on my kitchen counter (I wonder if there is a DSM-IV code for paper hoarding) and my perpetually dirty car, my intentions just never fully materialize.
My new years resolution is this: To not care about the "shoulds" in my life. I want to be me, just me this year. So watch out all y'all....this could get messy.
And this blog is dedicated to the randomness of my life. Why does it need to make sense chronologically or tell a complete story? I'm going to put up some pictures that I like today. Period.

Roxy and her Grandpa. BFF's.

We went sledding with both sides of the family and skiing with Lisa and Gordon over winter break. Here is Olive and Eleanor having a blast!

I just like this take on older, traditional architecture with a modern interior. Hmmm....
I guess that's part of the reason I'm diggin' Lisa's new flat. We had fun this week arranging and rearranging her place. I mean, look at that vintage, original Murphy bed, the arched door frames, built-ins galore- what could be more cool?



Everyone knows Zeke has been a long-time Obama supporter.
We can't wait for the inaguration in just a few days time!

Ellie, Katie, Ollie and Julia at Ollie's 3rd birthday party. Kangaroo Zoo + cake + presents= Kid paradise.

My boys, oh, my boys. My heart turns to goo when I look at them.
Zeke update: says "basketball", "thank you", "poop", "Grandpa", "doggie", "mama milk" (which is half gone...weaning) "cup", "more", "all done", "nigh-night" and tries to sing "Lullabye". He dances like a sumo wrestler, balances on Jake's hands and announces "Ta Da!" He loves hitting Ellie with dinosaurs while yelling, "Roarrr!" He even put his own shoe on correctly the other day.
The clincher was last week when we put 15 month-old Zeke down for a nap. Apparently he wasn't in the mood, because the fussing I heard from downstairs got louder and closer, until his little head popped up over the top stair. He had climbed out of his crib, opened the door and wandered upstairs--as if to say "You're not the boss of me." The kid is BUSY, coordinated and a mama's boy.


For anyone who didn't get our holiday card (I only made it a third of the way through my list before it joined my paper pile) SORRY
But, now that I have made my anti-new-years-resolution, I can pretty much promise you I won't be getting back to that project.
2 comments:
*this is jenny, not bret.
love that blog. totally love the defiant tone & random things you love. hope you're sticking to that "resolution". btw... also love the cool yellow room. you & bret have similar taste in interior design.
*also love the "polariceness" bit (or something like that). Clever, clever girl. :)
i SO LOVE your resolution! i always remember how you told me the "if i want to" attitude. i think all of us girls need more of that, rather than fretting about stuff that in the end doesn't matter.
and i always love your photos.
love you, miss you! courtney :)
Post a Comment