Monday, November 17, 2008


Here are 6 of the 8 Nielson grandkids at Matt's homecoming. They sang "I am a Child of God" in sacrament meeting. They did great- even with Eleanor fighting over the microphone and Adam growling at the congregation.

Mamma told the kids to blow a kiss, but the boys got confused. Oops.
I'm saving this picture until they are teenagers.


I now understand why mothers everywhere, for generations have said, "Don't play with your food." I always thought that was just a lame, unadventurous restriction to prevent children from having fun.
But, now I realize the wisdom. Food adventures are not always benign.
The results can be creepy and disturbing.
Like when your 3 year-old walks up to unsuspecting you and says, "I have a surprise. It's my baby," while holding out a small paper-towel-wrapped package.
And you open it up and.... Yikes!!!


It's a discarded piece of chicken lying in a hollowed-out potato skin!!!
"Its name is Baby Chicken Dicken."

What do you do?
Do you scream or gag or laugh?
I didn't know either. I'm pretty sure I did all three.

2 comments:

The Green Family said...

Oh my gosh. I Love that girl. That is disgusting but priceless. Aren't they the best. I love all of them. I needed a good laugh, that was great.
Love you guys,
Stina

RATCH said...

That Eleanor is a funny funny girl! I love reading stories about her.

The Murdocks

The Murdocks
Jake, Angel, Roxy, Ellie and Zeke