Sunday, November 2, 2008

HALLOWEEN 2008

Trick-or-treating Murdock style (l to r): Roxy, Katie, Zeke, Jackson, Ellie, Aunt Lindsay and Julia.

The kids had so much fun, of course. Ellie woke at 6 in the morning and came stumbling sleepily into my room, rubbing her eyes. "Happy Halloween!" I told her. She instantly perked up. "Can we go trick-or-treating now?"
I laughed and told her "It's only morning. We have to wait until it's nightime."
She cleverly outsmarted me. "But, it's DARK outside." I considered going, but figured our neighbors might not appreciate an early-morning visit from a frightening, yet feminine vampire, a rocker baby with spunk and a cowgirl riding a fake horse.


So, this is what Zeke was supposed to be. A fluffy, cuddly, squishy, lovable chicken.
However, each time we put it on him he screamed, cried and arched his back until it was removed.

Apparently, he drew more inspiration from this. He was much happier as a Mod Punk Rocker.


I realized it was more fitting as I saw him strutting down the street with his pumpkin bag, wreaking baby havoc and stirring up trouble.

He got so into character, we couldn't even pry away his candy bag. What a Punk!

It snowed in mid-October. Our kids were incredulous. They insisted on bundling up and heading out to make a snowman. They were the first kids on the block out playing in the snow and the last ones to come back in. What a dream come true for little New-Mexican children!


Roxy finished out fall soccer a few weeks ago. She loves it, which makes me so happy!
We all braved freezing morning games to support her.
After her first game, Soccer Mom Angel, said to Roxy, "You did great, but you should really get in there and be aggressive. Kick that ball!"
Roxy was exasperated. "I'm trying, but my legs keep missing!!!"

Oh, how I love that kid!

2 comments:

Lindsay Murdock said...

It must be a Murdock trait to put your hands on your hips during photo ops!! Roxy, Ellie, and me are all doing it!! We had a fun night though didn't we?!? It was nice having everyone together...almost everyone.

Callaway Family Fun said...

Zekes Halloween costume is fabulous! The kiddos all look super cute!

The Murdocks

The Murdocks
Jake, Angel, Roxy, Ellie and Zeke