Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ellie's grandpa (Bampa) often asks her, "Ellie, what do you do all day?" He is usually answered with a shrug or a simple, "Play". Today we thought we'd show you what hard work it really is to be a three year-old.

I mean, it's obviously not so easy to eat peanut butter toast (looks yummy) while making a scary face

It takes intense concentration to take over your mom's office

And sometimes you even have to balance toast on your head


Unbelievably, Eleanor still had time and energy this morning to write a song.
I asked why she was using so much paper and was informed, "It's a loooooong song".



Of course, with my pea-sized brain, I couldn't translate the music. So Ellie, 3 year-old extraordinaire, gifted me with her song.



Here is how it goes (feel free to sing along):
I have to do a long, long, long song
If I don't clean my room
I get to do the stage
I don't want to do the mountains
I don't have to do the white thing
In the world
If I don't do the pledge
It doesn't do the pledge
I will do the pledge instead
If it doesn't do the pledge of allegiance
Color yellow and blue
In the play
It won't be for longer
Quickly, I don't sing
It won't sing the lines
If it be's on the chalk
It will be the sky
If I do not chance to have a tea party
It will not do the computer
If the world doesn't sing
I will do the street
I am a star shining so brightly
I won't be the world

I asked her the name of her song and she said, "Soap"
"Soap?" I repeated.
"Ahh, ummm...no.....Dirty, Dirty".


Zeke played his role. He worked hard to get ahold of his sister's handi-work. (This is a younger brother's duty and life work, of course.)

Much chagrined by the destruction of her musical piece, Ellie moved on to body art. She drew a lovely piece of work on her knees, unappreciated by her mother. (Hence, the disappointment on the artist's face).

A stickler for time management, she was able to squeeze in a smile for her Mommy. Thanks, Baby Girl, for all the work you do.

4 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

Hi, I caught your blog as I was "blog stalking"! He he! I absolutely love it, and your kids are adorable. Your daughter's song made me laugh! I have 4 kiddo's and I am always excited to see others blogs and see how their family runs. Yours is a cute one! feel free to visit mine if you want! jill03 dot blogspot

me said...

Just so cute! We miss Elie in nursery.

RATCH said...

I love you! Your kids are so cute and Elie cracks me up!

Scott Nielson said...

Well, now I finally know what Ellie does all day. But it probably won't stop me from asking her again 'what she does all day'. It was even more exciting than I had imagined.
Love,
Bampa

The Murdocks

The Murdocks
Jake, Angel, Roxy, Ellie and Zeke