Sunday, June 1, 2008

THINGs I aM LoVing ThIs WEeK

This guy makes so much sense. No wonder America is so unhealthy and widely overweight. We no longer eat FOOD. We eat "edible, food-like substances", as he puts it. Michael Pollan proposes that we eat food in it's original form, unprocessed and natural. I need to get my act together. I think my recent snack of individual-sized sugar-free watermelon jello topped with spray-can whipped cream would be classified as an edible, food-like substance.


While house-shopping on the web I found this interesting midcentury home in Bountiful. I had high-hopes due to it's "good bones".

Here was the inside. I loved the full-length windows, funky wood panelling. This is what I envisioned...



Or perhaps this...


However, after my lovely in-laws looked at the home, they nixed it. (They were so nice to go and look at SEVEN homes for me.)

And I thought this was a cool house. But it's in California. Guess I'll keep looking.








Oh, and you can guess from this next gem, that I might have stayed out at Sierra Vista pool for a bit too long.
I love the spray version of aloe, because I can catch Ellie as she runs by me, squealing, "No spray on my back, I'll just kiss it better."

3 comments:

The Schultz Family said...

Angel - I hope you don't mind me stopping by your blog. I found it through Kelly's. Your family is so cute! You look the exact same!

Sally

shelbell said...

Hmm...I am totally going to check out that book...and I LOVE house shopping...I do it all the time for fun. I know, I know, get a life!

Good luck with the search!

Callaway Family Fun said...

I'm happy to see that you're house hunting!! Also, I can't wait to try the spray on aloe, we've all gotten a little toasted so far this summer!

The Murdocks

The Murdocks
Jake, Angel, Roxy, Ellie and Zeke