Saturday, April 19, 2008

My Life as a "Secret" Special Forces Soldier

border=0>
Last week I got the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to fly in an Air Force Special Ops Aircraft. I flew in the CV-22 aka Osprey. These highly sophisticated flying machines take off in helicopter mode. Up up up. When we reached the proper altitude the rotors switched down into prop mode and we had a burst of acceleration forward....suddenly going 250 mph in a matter of second. Amazing!!! I was so worried that I was going to be airsick that I actually took two airsickness bags instead of one. However, thanks to the scopalamine patch Jake prescribed and my super-stylish acupressure wristbands I didn't get sick at all. That fact was almost as astonishing as the flight itself. I got brave and ventured up to the cockpit and got to look out the front with the pilots. They left the back ramp lowered, leaving the entire back of the aircraft wide open. I actually got to strap into a gunner belt and shimmy down to the edge of the ramp and hang out looking at the New Mexico desert only 500 feet below while we were going over 250 mph!!!! Seriously, one of the coolest things I've ever done. If I didn't already have a million reasons to be grateful for Jake, chalk this one up to one million and one!
By the way, Jake was actually in that Osprey when that first photo was taken.

8 comments:

karen nielson said...

That's amazing, Angel. You have always been a daredevil! Mom

Windy said...

You are so brave! The potential vomit factor would have kept me grounded!

Hotzebra said...

WOW! I can't believe you did that! That is so amazing!

RATCH said...

Angel that is so neat!!! What a cool experience.

Callaway Family Fun said...

Are you crazy?! That sounds really cool but I don't know if I could go through with it. I can't believe Eleanor is THREE, time flies!! (When you're having fun, right?)

Callaway Family Fun said...

Are you crazy?! That sounds really cool but I don't know if I could go through with it. I can't believe Eleanor is THREE, time flies!! (When you're having fun, right?)

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! Definitely braver than me.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

The Murdocks

The Murdocks
Jake, Angel, Roxy, Ellie and Zeke