It's been a little while since I blogged. Life has been so hectic lately. I'm back at New Futures School here in town working one day a week. It is a school for pregnant teens. I go on Wednesdays and see patients....prenatal visits, postpartum, annuals, birthcontrol, etc. I also had a couple other work days in the last few weeks. Jake just got back from his F-16 fighter jet training in Phoenix, which he loved. That's him in the back of the jet, all ready to take off.


And....Roxy got baptized!!!! March 1, 2008 was such a wonderful day. Roxy was so prepared and thrilled and a little nervous.

I keep telling Roxy I wish she would stay 8 years old forever. She is such a sweet girl, who tries so hard to choose the right, be helpful and follow Christ. She always remembers her Book of Mormon and reads the Friend. She has memorized four of the articles of faith. What a gift to have her for a daughter!

During the talks (Grandpa Murdock gave the talk on the Holy Ghost) she paid close attention and answered all the questions. When Jake baptized her she looked so beautiful even those there for the other child getting baptized commented on it.


Grandma and Grandpa Murdock, Mamma and Grandpa Nielson, and various people from the Simmons family all came!
Eleanor fell asleep hugging Mamma. Mamma had been reading her a story!
The kids were so sad when Grandma and Grandpa Murdock left. Eleanor sat down on the floor and cried after they drove away. We were glad that we got to see them, even for a short time, since we live so far apart. The kids have such a love for them. The unconditional love has been obvious and instantaneous. Roxy loved them the minute she met them and they loved her!
/> 
So,it has been a busy few weeks, but so exciting and wonderful to visit with family and celebrate Roxy's big day!
2 comments:
I am so excited I found your blog! Roxy looks so pretty and I cannot believe how old Ellie looks. We miss you! - Holly
Congratulations Roxy!!! Annie is getting sooo excited, her baptism day is March 29th. I love, love, love the Baptism dress you guys found & I wish we could have been there! Bet you're glad that Jake is home!!
Post a Comment