Sunday, May 2, 2010



I'm in tears. Ellie is not. But I am. I feel like I failed her as a mom.
Here is what she looks like after the stitches came out.
Not good.
I'm so angry that the plastic surgeon refused to come in.
And I'm so angry that I couldn't have found a way to make it happen.
And I'm just so sad that I couldn't have done more for my baby girl.
I know it doesn't seems like a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
I know that some people's children have cancer or other debilitating illnesses.
Even within our extended family there are more pressing issues. So, it seems like
I am overly upset. But I am just so upset.
I'm going to take her to a plastic surgeon ASAP.
NOT Dr. Cheng. Did I mention never to go to her!?
Any recommendations?

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I don't know any good plastic surgeons, but I was bitten by a dog on the side of my face when I was little and I have 1 slightly big scar and 2 small ones. They are hardly noticeable any more and I didn't even get stitches because it was too late by the time I went to the dr. (my parents went out of town and I was being watched by someone else) Anyway, I kind of love my scars and never felt bad that I had them. My guess is she'll feel the same way.
p.s. you should see the tattoo my youngest gave himself on his face. he was carrying a pencil and poked himself right next to his nose and it's permanent. I was pretty distraught at first, but now I think it's cute. :)

The Murdocks

The Murdocks
Jake, Angel, Roxy, Ellie and Zeke