Sunday, September 27, 2009


Zeke's 2nd Birthday
Made me think about that day two years ago.
I was convinced that I would always be pregnant--or that it wasn't really a human baby--maybe I was gestating an elephant.
But by the evening of September 25, 2007 it was apparent that indeed the squirming tumor would soon meet us. He came to our family quickly and fit right in. He brought us another realm of love that we had never known. That love between father and son, sister and brother, and mother and son. I remember thinking, holding him the next day, "I finally have a real family; We are whole."
Zeke has been such a joy from the beginning. He was an easy baby and continues to be an easy toddler. For months and months when I laid him down in his crib I would say, "I love you, baby". Recently he has started responding, "Lub you too, Mama".


We got him a flight suit identical to Jake's. When he opened the present his eyes grew huge and he shouted, "Daddy!!!" Of course, he made us dress him in the suit right then.

Mom and Dad Murdock were great to host a yummy dinner before Zeke's party. Did I mention it was YUMMY, cuz it was YUUM-MEEE! Thanks Jo!

The offspring. Not fighting. Priceless.

This picture makes me feel like I am staring into Zeke's soul--can't you almost picture what he'll look like all grown up?

Cousins, such adorable cousins.


My sweet little birthday boy.

2 comments:

The Halls said...

Happy Birthday Zeke! It really does seem like yesterday that you were born!

courtney said...

wish so much we could have been there to celebrate...we love you zeke!
and i LOVE the flight suit...perfect!

The Murdocks

The Murdocks
Jake, Angel, Roxy, Ellie and Zeke