Friday, January 18, 2008

Ellie, Ellie, Ellie




So, Miss Ellie learned how to LIE this week!
She scratched our flat screen TV and when Daddy approached her, the following conversation ensued:

Jake: Eleanor, some little girl scratched our TV. Do you know who did that?

Ellie (shaking her head): No, Daddy.

Jake: Ellie, was it YOU?

Ellie: No.

Jake: Who did it then?

Ellie (pointing at her sister): Roxy.

Jake: No, it wasn't Roxy. We know you scratched the TV. Did you scratch the TV?

Ellie (not budging): No.

Jake: Who was it then?

Ellie (thinking for a minute, then raising her hands in the air and cocking her head to the side with a smile on her face):

Somebody else!


We had a big talk about telling the truth and choosing the right. I thought it had sunk in until we were driving down the road and I heard Eleanor talking to herself.

Ellie: I choose the right.....or....... I choose the left!


I had to stifle my laughter.
I guess that's what we get for having an abstract talk with a 2 year-old.
Hopefully her conscience will kick in before she starts shoplifting booze and stealing car stereos.

A completely unrelated, but equally hilarious, face-painting mishap. This is what happens when a semi-professional clown uses exorbanant amounts of face paint. It took 50 cotton balls, a jar of cold cream, half a bottle of makeup remover, massive amounts of water, several paper towels and 30 minutes of chasing a toddler before we could recognize Sweet Ellie again.

Above picture was about halfway through the removal process.

2 comments:

RATCH said...

DOn't you just love 2 year olds! They are so much fun. I love that when Jake told her you knew it was her who scratched the TV she still denied it! Too funny.

Ernie said...

I love love love her!! Sorry about the tv, but how can you get to mad!

The Murdocks

The Murdocks
Jake, Angel, Roxy, Ellie and Zeke